Anywhere access. Fluid collaboration. Secure sharing. We bring mobile productivity under control.
BBTech’s File Sync and Share allows the mobile worker to securely access and share files wherever they go, on any device. Access can happen from laptops, tablets and phones, as employee content and corporate data is synced on the fly. Team Shares streamline file changes, ensuring that teams have real-time access to the most recent file versions.
Users can easily share, set expiration dates, track downloads, receive notifications and send messages. All user activity is tracked – including adds, deletes and changes – enabling restoration of deleted files or previous versions.
This product is an alternative to Dropbox. As a business owner, are you aware Dropbox is a possible security risk to your business? The following are a few risks Dropbox poses to your corporate data:
- Data Theft – business owners not privy to employees using their private Dropbox account on a corporate network can sync critical or sensitive corporate documents to their personal Dropbox account.
- Data Loss – network administrators can not monitor and manage file sync activities across an organization. If an employee adopts Dropbox and starts using it to sync and share sensitive files, administrators cannot manage data sprawl or data loss in the event a device is lost or stolen.
- Corrupted Data – In a recent study by CERN, silent data corruption was observed in 1 out of every 1500 files. Dropbox and other consumer-grade file sync services disclose few, if any, details about how they prevent data corruption from occurring.
- Lawsuits – Dropbox give carte blanche power to employees over the ability to permanently delete and share files. This results in permanent data loss.
- Compliance violations – many compliance policies require that files be held for a specific duration and only be accessed by certain people. Dropbox has loose file retention and access controls many businesses see as a risk.
- Loss of accountability – consumer grade file sync and share applications like Dropbox lack administrator controls found in business level sharing applications. For example, admin controlled file sync services provide audit trails, the visibility into how files are edited and shared, details into who and how the files were modified, etc.
In conclusion, Dropbox poses many challenges to businesses that care about control and visibility of their data. Allowing employees to utilize Dropbox can lead to massive data leaks and security breaches. The best approach for companies to avoid these issues is to deploy an approved sharing application like ours which allows us to monitor and control how your corporate data is shared with others.
Call us at 214.210.4415 Option 2 to schedule a demo.